Logix Emulate 5000 won't install

BAJ

Trying to install v30.01 of Logix Emulate on my Win7 x64 VM. I get a message saying:

"Unable to upgrade RSLogix Emulate 5000 20.01.00 (CPR 9 SR 5)."

So does this mean you can't have v20 and v30 of Emulate installed on the same PC, or do I have another issue?

Thanks,
-Brad

Thanks for the reply.

Although it appears this document is referring to trying to USE RSLogix Emulate 5000 v20, which I can do w/o issue (v20 works for me).

"RSLogix Emulate 5000: Internal Error! Failed to install RSLogix Emulate 5000 in slot!"

My problem is I cannot install v30. The message mentions not being able to upgrade from v20 to v30. It would be nice if I could emulate both RSLogix 5000 v20 systems and Studio 5000 v30 systems, but if I need to remove Emulate v20 to install Emulate v30 I can try that.

I believe there can only be one version of Emulate. It really should not be a big deal though. If you have programs with higher versions, go with the 30. It’s easier to convert programs to higher versions than to revert backwards. Although it’s possible, it’s more convoluted.

Thanks, I thought that may be the case. I'll take a snapshot of the VM before removing v20 in case I feel compelled to revert back after my v30 testing.