Getting the data transmitted by the PLC to HMI

batumax100

Hi, I have the following setup:
PLC connected to HMI through RS485 communication. I have the program of PLC but I need to convert the HMI to other brand. I will go for reverse engineering. What I'm doing now is to activate all buttons in the HMI one by one then check in the PLC for the particular address of each button.

Someone told me to capture the data transmitted by the PLC to HMI. Considering I have 3000 tags in the PLC and let's assume that the tags associated to HMI is only 1000 tags. It's a good shot to eliminate the 2000 tags.

Is this possible? If yes, how can I do that? I already have an RS485 cable. USB to 485.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum.

Please list the PLC model number, and the old and new HMI model numbers.

It would be a lot easier to open the existing HMI program in the editor software and see what tag it is referenced to...