Unable to download blocks in the CPU 414-3

thegoose

Hello !
We have problems when we try to download or monitor blocks in the
CPU.
When we download a block we get the message "Unable to copy the block" and the the FC number.(Fault message 294:6)
When we try to monitor any block we get the message "Parameter error block beeing deleted/overwritten"
When we look at the fault-stack in the CPU everything seems to be fine.
We tried to compress the memory several times but it dosen´t help.

The CPU we are using is a Simatic S7 414-3.

Hi thegoose.

Unfortunately there is no way to get to the error descriptions in STEP7 via the error number (if there is I would like to know), so I cannot tell exactly what is wrong.
Try again and when the error message appers, use the "Help" or "details" button to get more information about the possible reasons for the error.

The problem could well be related to the work memory being filled up. You cannot compress if other online functions are active.

I would recommend doing a "Save As" and then check "with reorganization". Make sure everything is closed before hand. Delete everything in the CPU and try to download. Check your FC and make sure there is no PIW's, PQW's, or the FC is not out of range of the CPU. If you are monitoring the FC or have a VAT open and monitoring, close them also.

Is the size of the block less than the free memory, and have you tried in run or stop mode?

Aha !

The *EHB.HLP files in the S7BIN directory are the help files for the error codes xxx:yyy.
One help file contains all the sub-error codes for one type of errors. S7OMBEHB.HLP for example has all the error descriptions for the errors that begin with "294:".
Unfortunately I cannot figure out which help file describes which errors. You have to look thru them all to find the one that you are looking for. If someone knows the relation between the filenames and the error codes it would be nice.
RANT: Why cant we search for error codes from within STEP7 ?

Here is the help for error 294:6
Description of Error:
The block could not be copied. You can display the cause by clicking the "Details" button.
Possible causes are:
· A block of this type exists already and may not be overwritten.
· The programmable controller is in RUN mode.
· System data blocks can only be downloaded in STOP mode.
· A block of this type and this number is not permitted for this programmable controller.
· The block uses addresses outside the range for the CPU (for example, IW 128 for the S7-300 CPU).
· The block uses instructions that are not possible in the CPU (for example, ENT for the S7-300 CPU).
· The block has too many local data (for example, more than 256 bytes for the S7-300 CPU).
· The block already exists in the destination and is protected against being overwritten by an active test function (breakpoint, program status).
· The mode selector on the programmable logic controller is in the RUN position instead of RUN-P.
· An older version CPU 314 was used (6ES7 314-1AE01-0AB0). This function cannot be executed with this version.

Thank you very much jesper .I will look through the file.
//Per

JesperMP said:
Aha !

The *EHB.HLP files in the S7BIN directory are the help files for the error codes xxx:yyy.
One help file contains all the sub-error codes for one type of errors. S7OMBEHB.HLP for example has all the error descriptions for the errors that begin with "294:".
Unfortunately I cannot figure out which help file describes which errors. You have to look thru them all to find the one that you are looking for. If someone knows the relation between the filenames and the error codes it would be nice.
RANT: Why cant we search for error codes from within STEP7 ?

Here is the help for error 294:6

Hi thegoose.

Also repeat what you did to get the other error message:
When we try to monitor any block we get the message "Parameter error block beeing deleted/overwritten"
Then get the expanded help for that error message.
My 1st guess would be that the mode switch was not in RUN-P, but the other error makes me think the problem lies elsewhere.

My main point is:
Every time you have an error message, hit the "help" or "details" button to get expanded help for the particular error.
Many STEP7 programmers dont know that they can get more help on an error message.

Hi Everybody !
I managed to solve the problem that I wrote about.It was the the RAM memory that was corrupt.The solution was to make a total reset of the CPU
and the download the entire projekt again.Now everything works fine.

//Per