You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old September 20th, 2023, 06:12 AM   #76
Rob...
Lifetime Supporting Member
United Kingdom

Just out of curiosity, I've never used the CPU itself to generate a csv file for a report before, only to log recipe parameters etc... same principle I guess.

Is there a way of accessing the csv file from a HMI, for instance a comfort panel that's enabled to use VBA scripting?
Old September 20th, 2023, 06:22 AM   #77
Mas01
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob... View Post
Just out of curiosity, I've never used the CPU itself to generate a csv file for a report before, only to log recipe parameters etc... same principle I guess.

Is there a way of accessing the csv file from a HMI, for instance a comfort panel that's enabled to use VBA scripting?
I'd like to know if that's possible too.

At the moment, I'll be saying to the operator "If you want to download the log files, you'll have to plug an Ethernet cable into the PLC and use a web browser", which they won't be too happy about.
Old September 20th, 2023, 08:24 AM   #78
Puddle
United Kingdom

You can also log data on the HMI itself. Not sure if it's a completely different log or if it can display the same one as it's not something I've looked into.
I know if the data is on the HMI it can be stored on a USB drive.
Old September 20th, 2023, 12:25 PM   #79
Rob...
Lifetime Supporting Member
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas01 View Post
I'd like to know if that's possible too.

At the moment, I'll be saying to the operator "If you want to download the log files, you'll have to plug an Ethernet cable into the PLC and use a web browser", which they won't be too happy about.
Yes normally I generate reports directly in WinCC that are then saved to a network location, for this very reason.

I see your HMI can't run scrips, so no go on my usual solution.

I don't have an application yet for a HMI reading a CSV from the PLC memory card, but it could end up being useful.