Allen Bradley 1734-AENT/A remote IO

drewster

I have an AB 1769-L32E compact logix controller connecting to a 1734-AENT/A remote IO rack.

Occasionally, we lose communications to the remote IO rack (Millisecond dropout). This causes all signals to drop to 0 in the master PLC and we get a bunch of alarms in our HMI.

The Master and remote IO are on the same local network. I removed the gateway a few weeks ago thinking that they were both routing to our main office and they only need to talk to each other. This didn't fix the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks!

Hi BachPhi. The master PLC is on a remote network which routes to our main office. The remote IO configuration in the master PLC, and the remote IO rack are on the same remote network but have no gateway so they shouldn't route.