Moving a INT register into a UDT

jrsnydley

Hello all, I have a 1756-L72 controller. I also have a MicroLogix 1500. The ControlLogix is reading a register from the MicroLogix via a MSG instruction. I want to move data from this register into a UDT that contains many different data types. Is there a good way to do this without doing a MOV or COP instruction for each parameter?

You can't make a sub-element of a UDT the destination of data from a MSG instruction.

So put it into a tag or array of the datatype you expect (Integer or Real), then MOV the resulting value into the UDT sub-element.

Similar Topics

Hi All, I cannot seem to find a way to move a Boolean from an Arrays UDT into a DINT. I have an Array of 32 elements with a UDT data type of 4...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm working on a self assigned homework project on a RSL5K and I'm stuck. What I'm trying to do is move data from Dint_1 to Dint_2...
Replies
Views
What is the best way to remove the whole number from a floating point so i can do a math function on just the decimal with a allen bradley 5/05...
Replies
Views
I'm a Siemens person, and this is one of my first AB programs. The customer wants everything programmed in Ladder. I have a lot of data (3...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a compact Logix plc and I have been task with configuring alarms into our SCADA when an Analog signal stops moving. The analog...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom