Add an expansion card to micrologix 1100 or 1200

EffSee

i am trying to add an expansion card to a micrologix 1100. i am only testing as the real addition will be on a 1200. currently im unable to add the card to 1100. i pick the card from list,downlaod,and when i try to go online i get a major error. What am i missing?

What card are you trying to add? How many Cards?
The 1100 only allows 4 add on modules but the 1200 can take up to 6.
Can you give us more info? Maybe a screen shot of your set up in RSL 500?

Are you actually adding the physical card to the ML1100 when you do the download? If not, it will see that it is now configured to look for that additional card, will not be able to find it, and so will fault. Bullzi's suggestion above will override that - if you set the PLC to ignore the configuration error, then the PLC won't fault out if it can't find certain modules. Obviously, this is not good practice and should not be done on a production machine, but for the purposes of testing your setup, it should be fine.