the requested accesscheck failed because the token has expired

MarkNightingale

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi Guys

I have just tried closing down FactoryTalk View and when I try to save the window I have been working on I am getting an error message saying 'The requested accesscheck failed because the token has expired'

I don't want to close it down without saving it because i will have lost about 2 hours work.

I am using version 5.0 CPR9

Thanks in Advance

Mark

Ken,

When I go into the FT Admin console the option for me to log on is greyed out, so I am assuming this means I am already logged in.

I tried logging out of FT and then logging back in. I was prompted to change the password because mine had expired????????

I changed the password and logged back in again but still couldn't save the screens I had been working on.

Its strange because when I was working on the project last night I didn't have a problem and the only difference between last night and today is today I have got RS Logix 5000 open as well, but surely that can't be anything to do with it.

Mark

I think I have sorted it out.

I tried to get on the link you sent but i don't have TechConnect.

I went into the FactoryTalk Admin console and there is a time limit if there is no activity on FactoryTalk. This was set to 1 hour, it is now set to 24 hours.

Thanks

Mark, where'd you find the option to change that value? I've been searching everywhere in the admin console directory and I can't find it. o_O I think mine is set at 15 minutes, because every time I get up for a while I get this issue...

If you open FactoryTalk Admin console and go to the security setting as shown in the 2 pictures.

If you set it to 0 it will never log out.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Security Policy.jpg 0 Hours.jpg

Quick Fix

I have been able to open a second Studio and copy the items I was working on to a page it the new Studio and then close out the broken one. Open the other one again, copy your page items back into the main one you were working in. Close out all Studio programs and do the steps listed above in this post to fix the logout issues.

Has anybody else run into this recently?
I have my logon session lease set to 0 in 3 different places. In the security policy properties of the project, and in the FT admin console under the local and network directories. I still randomly cannot save a screen due to this alarm. Once this occurs now, I must shut down my system and reboot to be able to re-open the affected project.
:mad::mad:

New laptop. I still run into it. I now save A LOT more often. You can also open a second Studio and then copy your current work to a page in the second Studio. Close original project and reopen the project. Delete the old work and recopy from the Second Studio back into what you were working on. No lost progress.

Yes, Rockwell has taught me to save quite often. I tried opening a second instance of FT and copying over but it would not let me do that either. I was able to save as with a different name one time but that was the lone instance of that working.