Beckhoff - Siemens compatibility

robotic_girl

Hi.

I am an Siemens PLC programmer and I wonder if there is a way to convert or to migrate FBs / DBs / FCs from TIA Portal V14 to Beckhoff system; I know that it is possible between TIA and Rockwell.

Thanks.

You can export the code... but I'm not sure how you could import it to Twincat. The DB's could be easy actually, but the code I'm not too sure.

Is it SCL or ladder?

Then it's no problem. You just have to copy/paste the code and edit the variable names since TIA uses #"var" which CodeSys/TwinCat does not.

Variable declarations you'll have to do by hand one by one.

DBs are just global variables. E.g. instance of a STRUCT data type.

Similar Topics

Hello sameone have Beckhoff PLC Siemens Sinamics V90 configuration example?
Replies
Views
The system of position control is quite different in Beckhoff compared to Siemens. In a Beckhoff controller with Beckhoff drives on Ethercat, the...
Replies
Views
Hello ! :) Struggling here with choice of technology for a big project. background: we have always used SIEMENS but after recent hiccups some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First time posting here. I have a Siemens Simatic S7-1200 controller that I intend to use for a small project at home. I also have a...
Replies
Views
Dose anyone have experience with Beckhoff FC3121 profibus master PCIe card connected to Siemens CP342-5 as a profibus slave? The data retrieved...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom