has anyone here ever adjusted a Wallace & Tiernan V10K chlorinator?

defcon.klaxon

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys,

One of my clients sent in their rotameter for their V10K chlorinator in for refurbishment, and now that it's back and re-installed, apparently it's not dosing correctly. Operator there wasn't around the last time this occurred, and has gotten vague advice from former operator saying that the V10K needs "adjustment" to match the 4-20mA signal it's getting.

I've downloaded the manual and am going through it, but haven't found much yet. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with doing this; I'm going to head to the plant Monday and see what we can figure out, but besides verifying what the chlorinator does at 0% output and verifying the code is set for the correct lb/day, I'm at a loss for what would need to be done.

A couple of years ago I adjusted one that I think might be similar. It was basically a matter of following the instructions in a manual I downloaded. In my case, I found that zero was way off and made a physical adjustment to the linkage first. Then I went through the book and verified the rate at several points, made some adjustments toward the higher end to get the flow rate to match what the rotameter said...Mine was a linear motor driving a gas regulator more or less, and the book I had found was pretty good and the results were also good.

After digging through our archive of manuals, it looks like I was dealing with a "PCU" and I followed the 3 point actuator calibration outlined in "BOOK NO. IM 40.200CA UA ISSUE A"

A couple of years ago I adjusted one that I think might be similar. It was basically a matter of following the instructions in a manual I downloaded. In my case, I found that zero was way off and made a physical adjustment to the linkage first. Then I went through the book and verified the rate at several points, made some adjustments toward the higher end to get the flow rate to match what the rotameter said...Mine was a linear motor driving a gas regulator more or less, and the book I had found was pretty good and the results were also good.

After digging through our archive of manuals, it looks like I was dealing with a "PCU" and I followed the 3 point actuator calibration outlined in "BOOK NO. IM 40.200CA UA ISSUE A"

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much! I'll download the manual and give it a shot.