TIA v15 stable ?

userxyz

Hi,

Is TIA v15 stable enough to upgrade from 14.1 ?

Normally I wait a year to change to new development software.

Kind regards,
Combo

In my experience, each version has been more stable than the one before. It might be worth waiting until Update 1 if you want to be cautious, but I think V15 is at Upd 2 now.

V15 felt more like a service pack than a major rev, to me. A few new things added, like breakpoints in SCL, detection of PN devices (instead of just central rack like before), and some improvements to the built in 1500 OPC UA server. To me, the big improvements were on the motion side: S120's now officially included in startdrive, and Kinematics support in the T CPUs.

The Portal gets more solid with every iteration. They seem to be tightening up with each version. Will now run on less memory. V11 needed enough memory to choke a horse to run well and even then with the memory leaks only run so long before a restart was required.

I'm going to sound old but you could still do things in Step 7 that you still can't do but the new environment does take care of you. Step 7 was a very sharp double edged knife but super stable and efficient.