Plcsim tia v15

userxyz

Hi,

After upgrading my project to V15 I started the simulator... but it gave me a message that my blocks could not be simulated unless they are enabled for Sim ??

In the Compilation tab it checked:
- Can be simulated with SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM (Advanced)

But, greyed, so it enabled it but I cannot change this...

Anyone who has experience with this allready ? :)

Kind regards,
Combo

DB Accessible from OPC UA is enabled... but greyed also. My current project is about an OPC UA link to our PLC... This is an interesting feature, because we can protect all our other DB data if we can disable it on those DB's... But it is also greyed out and cannot be changed, also for this anyone who knows more about this new feature ?

Thanks,
Combo

It would appear that once you have OPC the check box for the DB attribute is checked and cannot be turned off. However, you do have OPC/HMI access settings for each tag in the DB.

Hi,

After upgrading my project to V15 I started the simulator... but it gave me a message that my blocks could not be simulated unless they are enabled for Sim ??

In the Compilation tab it checked:
- Can be simulated with SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM (Advanced)

But, greyed, so it enabled it but I cannot change this...

Anyone who has experience with this allready ? :)

Kind regards,
Combo

You need to right click on the project (top of the tree), and in the 2nd tab of the project properties enable the simulation. Then compile rebuild all your PLC.

This is a new "feature" starting in v14 sp1. I have never found any one to explain to me why it is needed/beneficial.

Thank you mk42. I've been wondering about it for two days and couldn't figure out if it was a new feature or something I'm doing wrong. I guess I will contact support and find out why.

With regard to the first post. If you change the device's firmware version to a later version (anything after version 2.0) you will be able to uncheck the option "DB accessible from OPC UA" but you will still have to turn on simulation support in project properties or just click OK when the dialog box pops up. And I believe that not being able to uncheck it in the older firmware meant that it was not available at all ( just a guess).

Last edited:
Also if you have your own standard/library blocks, you need to recompile these as well.