S7- 1200 analog scaling

an interesting question. I too was looking for it
o.png

I've never seen an HMI automatically shift an INT into a decimal. Is this common? I use reals whenever I need decimals.

For what I mean, There’s usually a format section of the value display or it's done in scaling tag. I don’t really have evidence of ALL hmi but all I’ve worked with. It is not the same as fixed decimals to use a 10 time bigger int in code. I too use reals for convenience most of the time, but that’s only because the platforms don’t suffer from the computational need or the double data size of the value.

have a look at the images - for the S7 300/400 range - My GTD 3 is older so does not have S7 1200 range but should be similar.

It was successful. Using datablock addressing is a lot easier and works perfect for what I need to do: to display temperature readings in Mitsubishi got2000 through s7-1200 cpu. Thanks a lot.

Many thanks also for all the other ideas.