How to to connect RSLOGIX5000 PLC application with Vijeo Citect SCADA Application

mail2jkv

Currently i am working with AB PLC RSLOGIX5000 software. I have developed a application in RSLOGIX5000too. Also, using Vijeo citect Software, i have developed a SCADA Application. Both are working independently. But i want to connect the RSLOGIX5000 PLC Application with Vijeo Citect SCADA Application. Can anybody help that how to connect these two application and check together.

Thanks in advance

kathir

Hi Kathir,

It sounds as if a gateway solution could be one way to go. Most likely the two applications use different protocols and thus a gateway may enabled the two to communicate. I work for HMS and we have several gateways.
You will find our Indian distributor at:
http://www.anybus.com/contact/contact2.asp?country=India
or go to http://www.anybus.com/support/support-step.asp?ProdType=Anybus X-gateway
and select what protocols (Fieldbus) the gateway should have and get more info on the product.

If you have any technical questions, let me know.
Patrick L
[email protected]

Hi Patrick,
Currently i working in RSVIEW32 and Vijeo Citect SCADA Software. Here are the list of network/protocols that i am expecting to work.

Ethernet TCP/IP
Devicenet
Modbus Ethernet
ModbusPlus
ProfiNet
Profibus
Modbus Serial Protocol
ASCII Protocol
OPC Protocol

Can you tell me what are the networks/protocols supported by RSVIEW32 and Vijeo citect software among the above?

Hi Kathar,
The Vijeo Citect SCADA most likely uses ModbusTCP. The RSLOGIX5000 on the other hand, I cannot say, but most likely DeviceNet, ControlNet or EtherNet/IP. This depends on what CPU the PLC has.
Maybe some else on this forum, has an Idea.

Best regards

Patrick L

To find the drivers and protocols that Citect can communicate.
Open Citect Explorer go to HELP|Driver Help. These are the pre installed driver/protocols. I believe all the ones you list are there. Of note this to communicate from Citect to the PLC hardware not the software.
As to configure for the control logix platform you would use the ABCLX driver TCPIP protocol. There is a Express Wizard to configure IODevices in the Citect Project Editor. Communication|Express Wizard.

IODevice Setup

To find the drivers and protocols that Citect can communicate.
Open Citect Explorer go to HELP|Driver Help. These are the pre installed driver/protocols. I believe all the ones you list are there. Of note this to communicate from Citect to the PLC hardware not the software.
As to configure for the control logix platform you would use the ABCLX driver TCPIP protocol. There is a Express Wizard to configure IODevices in the Citect Project Editor. Communication|Express Wizard.

Dear Kellian,
Can you please elaborate the steps and procedure in details? I've setup the IODevice using ABCLX protocol but it doesn't seem to be working. (Showing #BAD on the devices using those tags).