Scaling Using CX-Programmer

mizuma

Hi,
I am new with Omron PLC. I am currently having problem with SCL block function.
The SCL block function takes input from analog water level sensor (4-20mA).
And using First Parameter Word (I do not know what this mean??) from DM310. How ever DM310 is found to be zero in value thus the result is also zero.

I uploaded the program source code from another PLC and currently trying to download it to the new PLC. The old PLC shows some value for the DM310.

Hope anyone can explain to me what is First Parameter Word and where to set the DM310 value.
- Im using CPU CQM1-H and analog slot ADO41

Thanks in advance,
mizuma

DMXXX is a word or Channel Number. This us a variable you choose
The range is from DM0 upwards
with the Omron Analogue Card you need to note that the input range is
0 ~ 20 mA
As a result you need to insert a value offset for the 4 mA start
the other values are the Minimum 0 scale and the Maximum (100 or whatever) value

the Value you refer to DM310 can be set by the Memory menu on the left
or programmed by a first pass pulse then a move statment
remember to use HEX values

Last edited:
The Instruction Reference under the Help Menu gives you the basics. For more information refer to the Instruction Reference for your Model of PLC, and your Analog Input Card. To see the values of the D/DM Registers, and possibly change them, use the Watch Window in CX-Programmer.

For more information on Scaling in general, see Ron Beauforts excellent write up here.

http://www.ronbeaufort.com/sample_lessons.htm

Links to Scaling Articles.

http://www.ronbeaufort.com/y=mx+b_part1.pdf

http://www.ronbeaufort.com/y=mx+b_part2.pdf

Stu....

hi Stu,
the AB SCP command is very similar to the Omron scale command.
But the analogue card still works from 0 to 20 mA not 4 to 20 mA
so the AB help can be misleading.

Hi Ian:

He is talking about an Omron PLC, which is also what I was referring to. I don't believe I said anything about AB.

Stu....

In CX-P, double click on the SCL command, select detail, select instruction help and the help file will explain how to set up SCL.
It is pretty basic.