Need help on EV Move utility for activation key using ICOM version 6.19 for PLC2.

John Salazar

Need help on EV Move utility for activation key using ICOM version 6.19 for PLC2.
I am converting a PLC2/17 to a PLC5 and have a dieing DOS PC with the only licensed activation key and software to go on/offline with the PLC2.

I’m configuring a Win98 laptop using a PCMK series B card and cable to run the old ICOM software. I’m successful at copying the ICOM software but the activation stored in the root directory (ev21.sys & ev22.sys) will not move without a key disk mover or a hack. These are the activation key files and Allen Bradley support says they do not manufacture the Key disk for this software anymore and cannot help. Seems odd because they will sell you the PLC2 software for 20K !

If anyone has an ICOM key disk or the image file using copy Q, please let me know.
I have the license for the on/off program so I don’t need the activation…..just the empty key holder to move my activation to another PC.

If anyone knows a better method to create one... I’m all ears. RS Logix EV Move keys don’t recognize the ICOM activation files.

It's true that the modern EVRSI.sys activation file and EVMOVE32.exe utility can conflict with the older activation files that ICOM software used.

EV21.sys and EV22.sys are the protected activation files for the very old version of Icom copy protection software (the "EV" is for "Everlock", the copy protection utility maker). EV21/EV22 was used on AI-2 software prior to version 6.22.

EVMOVE.COM was the utility that moved these activations around.

You ABSOLUTELY must boot the computer in DOS mode to move these activations.

I rescued some old AI-2 keydisks from the dustpile a couple of months ago.... I'll see if any of them used this very old activation method and can be used to host your activation files.

Last edited:
John,
I have an old copy of the ICOM PLC-2 software. I think it is version 4.26. I will search the disks and see if I can find EVMOVE.COM. It will take a couple of hours before I can get back to you.

John,
Here is a zipped copy of the old DOS file "EVMOVE.COM"
Maybe this is what you need. ALso do not forget to turn off or disable RSLinx when moving your activation codes around from disk to disk. RSLinx has the ability to make the EVMOVE program look very screwy. Also if desperate for a good back-up copy only, check out this site: [url]http://home.primus.ca/copywareinc/index.html[/URL]

EV move for ICOM ver 6.19 PLC2

Thanks for the EV Move DOS Version but it comes back as a "Unauthorized Copy".

You would think the EV Move is just the utility and AB does not copy protect the mover utility.

I tried some AI DOS key disk for PLC5 I would have thought would work but it did not see any license to move. I am looking right at the off and online licenses when I run ICOM PLC2 so I know they are there.

I will keep working on this but I may have to just buy the conversion program from AB for 2 K and work in PLC5.

Thanks

ICOM ver 6.19 EV Move

Ken,
Your right about EV21/EV22 was used on AI-2 software prior to version 6.22, I'm running version 6.19 on an old dos machine about to die.

AB does not make the key disk anymore for this old of a version so my only hope is to find the right version EVMove.

John Salazar,
Probably "getting the right version" of EVMOVE.COM will not help. What you have to have is a copy of EVMOVE.COM that has the same serial number embedded internally as the serial number of the program that you are trying to run. Only then will EVMOVE even attempt to look for the program keycode. For example you can do a bit-compare using a bit editor program and see where the new EVmove is different from the old bad one, and then make the new one match. This will only work of course if you have a readable copy to compare to.

You can also contact a programmer down in Mississippi who does PLC2 to PLC5 program conversions for about $300 (depending on size), then go to E-bay and buy you a $300 PLC5 processor to plug into the same slot where that old PLC2 is.

Last edited:
Try to get some image making software such as GHOST by Symantec to copy everything to a new hard drive. I have used this in the past to replace failing drives. Be VERY CAREFUL using this software, I once copied the new drive to the old drive.This left me with two blank drives.Practice with two other drives first to see what does what. PM me if you need more help.

Sid

John Salazar,
I would like to make a correction, in case I have mis-lead anybody. In my last post, substitute "disk volume number" where I said "serial number of the program". I was writing from memory, and I apologize for not checking my facts first.

Also the correct address for Neverlock is:

htpp://home.primus.ca/~copywareinc/index.html

Last edited:
John Salazar,
I have a copy of PLC2 (ICOM) ver 6.19 The Setup Disk can be used to move activation to your master. If you like to borrow it let me know.

Mike Hartley