Analog signal to Mobile Phones

charzree

Issue: I have to send an analogue signal (water level) from Discharge Reservoir to Pump Station, 2.5km away.

Our supplier, who is responsible for all electrical equipment selected wireless radio modem ZZ8D (spec attached)
He succeeded in radio communication with it in a short distance but failed in 2.5km though he tried with higher positioned antenna according to the suggestion of the manufacturer.

As far as I studied, a device like PM020 http://www.testech-elect.com/m2m/pm020.htm can report present water level of discharge reservoir to mobile phones when you ask it to the device.

I do not know whether this device can be connected with SM500 (ABB) and/or CM15 (ABB) - Universal process Indicator - (the wiring drawings are attached)

Please suggest the device which can work. Your insights are highly appreciated!

Connecting through the mobile 3G/4G cellular network I think it would be more reliable instead using outdated technologies such as GPRS. Better to establish a secure TCP connection through VPN, using for example a module similar to this https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...pn/stridelinx_vpn_routers/4g_lte/se-sl3011-4g

although it would be better for the sensor and the monitoring system to communicate through Modbus/TCP and not Modbus/RTU

What is the terrain like between reservoir and pump station? Those wireless I/O units should easily work at 2.5km if it's close to Line of Sight. PM me the coordinates of both sites and I can do a desktop analysis.

He would have needed to use an external directional antenna such as a yagi. The most common mistakes I see when people try install this gear with no previous experience is badly terminated coax cable; badly sealed coax connectors, and misaligned antennas.

To do this securely over 3G/4G will require a PLC on both ends, VPN routers, a fixed IP or hostname for at least one end for a VPN, or some kind of private network at least. IMHO that's a lot more work and gear.

Is it possible to infer the water level from the water pressure at the pump station? Obviously flow rate would need to be part of the model, and speed of sound in water might be too slow for control.

Exactly what does the process look like?

P.S. the color is Brown not Brouwn.