Allen Bradley Micro830 modbus RTU and yaskawa j1000

illibilli

Hi guys.

I have a some-what noobish question. I have been doing light plc programing for the last year or so, mostly with descreate I/O's, simple stuff, timers, solenoids and so forth.

Now I was asked to make a simple variable speed control system for conveyors.

The conveyor motors are powered by a yaskawa j1000 VDF's and the comunication between the VFD´s and the Micro830 PLC is Modbus RTU.

I´m using a POT for the analog input on the Micro830 (expansion module) and it has been pretty straight forward in regards to scaling the signal.

But I´m compleatly stuck on how to set up the modbus in the PLC.

There is a function block called MSG_MODBUS_1 in the CCW software and I´m pretty sure that it is the one to use, but that is as far as I understand this.

I have been reading the manual for the yaskawa j1000 modbus comunications and it is all there, but I just dont know on how to use those informations.

Is there anyone here that has configured a micro800 to yaskawa j1000 that can just give me a little help.

I have several Micro(820) communicating with Schneider Altivar 630 drives using
Modbus(Tcp).

I would be happy to share my program(My Communication Module) should you want to study it.

I have several Micro(820) communicating with Schneider Altivar 630 drives using
Modbus(Tcp).

I would be happy to share my program(My Communication Module) should you want to study it.
Hello Damica,

I read you have expierience in Micro820 to Altivar630 over Modbus TCP, could you give any tips please?

Thanks in advance.