value of 0.0432, but when I read this value
Into Wonderware I get a wrong value of 4.32

I have my scaling set as
Min raw = 0
Max raw = 100

Min EU = 0
Max EU = 100

How would I scale this?
Is there a proper way to determine the scaling?

Thanks for helping

Last edited:
So take an EU, engineering units 0 to 10 (10 max)
If raw is 0 to 1000
Raw read is 123
Displayed would be 1.23
It would only display 0 to 10

Example if I want a% feedback from a drive, and want it shown to one decimal place

Min EU 0
Max EU 100

Min raw 0
Max raw 1000

If using plc you can verify the raw scaling

Is there a proper way to determine the scaling?

Yes. The proper way to determine the scaling requires knowing what the actual raw numbers received from the instrument represent. You appear to be guessing, and your current setup represents no scaling whatsoever.

That's okay, because you can simply tweak the numbers via trial and error to get the value that you want. You should, however, be aware that using a range of 0-100 could inappropriately limit the maximum numerical value of the tag.

Scaling with both the raw numbers and engineering units set at 0-100,000 gives the exact same result as with both sets of numbers at 0-100. However, if your instrument is capable of returning raw numbers in excess of 100, then you'll lose all data that exceeds 100. It will simply be ignored.

Hello,
The value is coming in to Wonderware as 4.349501E-02
& I need it to be 0.04395

The value that is being polled from meter
is 0.04395, why is Wonderware bringing this
Value in as 4.349501E-02

Thanks

Hello,
The value is coming in to Wonderware as 4.349501E-02
& I need it to be 0.04395

The value that is being polled from meter
is 0.04395, why is Wonderware bringing this
Value in as 4.349501E-02

Thanks

That is merely a single snapshot. You need to know the complete range of numbers that the instrument is capable of delivering in order to scale the value to engineering units correctly.

Yeah, but I would rather have the value displayed
On my screen as 0.04395.

Normally on all my AGA3 analyzers
The propane is scaled 0-100 on both
Min/max scaled & raw settings

For some reason this one is different

Than I would try to find the difference, rather make nonstandard scaling for only one.

Keep it as similar as you can, someone has to maintain it, he'll struggle next time.

BTW, do you have any option for decimal point?

Than I would try to find the difference, rather make nonstandard scaling for only one.

Keep it as similar as you can, someone has to maintain it, he'll struggle next time.

BTW, do you have any option for decimal point?

With InTouch, the number of decimal points displayed in runtime for a numeric display within a window is determined by the format of the animation object.

For instance: for 1 decimal place, use #.# as the text for the animation object.

For 3 decimal places, use #.### instead.

Thanks for advice,
I don't have a numeric display setup in runtime yet
This value I'm seeing in Wonderware is directly from "object viewer"

All the other elements I'm reading from this analyzer is reading correctly
Except the propane. Like you said looks like I'm going to have to talk to
The tech that set it up to see if he has done something different here &
Check the limits, not sure if he had to set this up or not

Thanks

Last edited: