SLC 5/03 and SLC 5/04

hhuong

In SLC 5/03, RS-232 port (Ch0) and RS-45(Ch1) are NOT the same network. And, there is no direct data path between these two ports.

How about in SLC 5/04? Is there a direct data path between these two ports?

The ports on the SLC are always separate.

The SLC-5/04 and SLC-5/05 do have some limited "passthrough" capabilities. The CPU has to process every one of the messages, though, so the performance isn't good enough to be considered a "network bridge" like the Logix products.

You will have to read up in the User Manuals about the Status bits you have to set, and the Routing Table in the SLC-5/05.

Similar Topics

I'm trying to read/write to an SLC5 with a ControlLogix L71 V35 plc that fails. The exact same code works on an L82S with V32. Is there a known...
Replies
Views
I'm ashamed to admit this but I've never had to replace a battery in a SLC. Some how been able to skip that task in all my years. So yesterday...
Replies
Views
I have a program that I've used 100 times. SQO settings: File N7:0, Mask 0FFFFh, Dest B3:1, Control R6:0, Length 8, Pos 2. Length & Position...
Replies
Views
Hello PLC friends. I've been going through a saga of diagnosing and fixing an old PLC setup that I inherited. I am learning as I go. Initial...
Replies
Views
I had a 5/01 CPU give a CPU Fault. It lost the program and I was not able to establish communication with it. I replaced it with a 5/03 we had in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom