Logix CPU Scurity Tool Password

The Plc Kid

Doing a side job and I have finished making program changes to the customers L61 and they were using the CPU security tool in the past and want to lock the processor now that I am finished.

The processor is currently unlocked but when I go to secure the processor it says a password already exists and I can't change it unless I know the old password.

The previous plc guy at this company was fied on bad terms from what they tell me and will not give them any passwords.

This is equipment that runs their whole operation so it would be difficult to remove and clear the processor and clear and reload. Thay may be the only option but I thought i would ask.

I think thats fairly stupid that you can't change the password without knowing the old one if the processor is in an unlocked state.

Rockwell says you can only clear and reload but the guy did not sound real sure of himself and he even suggested to upgrade to L71 to use the new security tools.

My understanding is that a reload is the only way.

Is this customer open to using FTSecurity? That way there is no password, and access can be managed by a domain group.