rs5000 emulator

if anyone is interested, i found the answer. V23 of studio 5000 is the last version apparently that will run Softlogix.
However, when i add the ethernet ip card it will not allow me to change the IP address to anything other then what my computers IP is or 0.0.0.0

Not sure where to go from here.

End goal is to get the ML1400 which i have physically to send some messages to Soflogix controller using MSG statements

if anyone has any ideas this morning i much appreciate it.

I'd be interested to know if you got it working. I'm planning to try to use Softlogix for the first time soon. I also need to test some MSG instructions.

i did get it working. Pain in the ***, 2.5 hours with Rockwell the support

What equipment are you going to use?

Perhaps i can lend a hand

i did get it working. Pain in the ***, 2.5 hours with Rockwell the support

What equipment are you going to use?

Perhaps i can lend a hand

I need to find a way to test MSG instructions between a Controllogix and a Micrologix 1400. I tried to use RSEmulate first, but RSEmulate 5000 do not support MSG's to outside controllers. Also RSEmulate 500 does not support MSG instructions at all. (I looked it up in the Knowledgebase.)Not sure what to try next. I may be able to get a physical Controllogix controller but with no IO. I may be able to get a physical SLC 500, with no IO, but no way I can get a Micrologix 1400. Not sure what to try. Thinking of trying Softlogix to simulate the Controllogix and rewrite the Micrologix program to download into a SLC instead. It's going to be a mess.

If you get it all up and running i would possibly consider a skype share to show you what i did

It will help me remember it if i teach it

Make sure your studio is up and running with soft logix and you can download to SL

Then make sure you have a blank project open for whatever controller you wanna talk to and then we can link up

Thanks. I've been trying to work on this for the past month but other projects keep on coming up so not sure when I'll be ready to test it. I will post my progress here.

I got Softlogix installed and changed my Studio5000 project to v23 of Controller 1789-L60. Which Softlogix Ethernet IP module did you use? Did you have to install any new Add On Profiles or EDS files?

I got Softlogix installed and changed my Studio5000 project to v23 of Controller 1789-L60. Which Softlogix Ethernet IP module did you use? Did you have to install any new Add On Profiles or EDS files?

So in my version of 23

There was only one option for a soft logix ENBT Card

Here is what mine looks like

When i did the install of soft logix there was something about adding an EDS file

I followed a you tube video for that part

Here is the link to the video

The video is for something elese but it showed a work around for an rslinx problem and something about an EDS file

ignore the rest of the video just the part for the eds file

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Osd_t6ddw

forum1.PNG

Downloaded my .acd file to the Softlogix. I could actually see all my MSG instructions get Enabled when online with the Softlogix. By the way if anyone needs ideas on managing multiple MSG instructions, I used Knowledgebase article 39998. Anyway I could watch my MSG instructions get enabled which helped me troubleshoot some issues without even getting connected to the SLC yet, which is my next step if I have time. Hopefully this thread will help someone else who wants to test MSG instructions using Softlogix. Thanks rscott!

Downloaded my .acd file to the Softlogix. I could actually see all my MSG instructions get Enabled when online with the Softlogix. By the way if anyone needs ideas on managing multiple MSG instructions, I used Knowledgebase article 39998. Anyway I could watch my MSG instructions get enabled which helped me troubleshoot some issues without even getting connected to the SLC yet, which is my next step if I have time. Hopefully this thread will help someone else who wants to test MSG instructions using Softlogix. Thanks rscott!

You are welcome!
Happy to contribute with all the consuming i do around here :site:

I am tempted to make a you tube video on this as its pretty cool