Mitsubishi FX1N communication protocol

pax0r

Hi,
I am working on the project that needs to communicate with FX1N PLC by serial port protocol from PC. I am using USB-SC09-FX cable to connect PLC to PC. Comunication works between GX Developer and Weintek EasyBuilder Pro simulator.

I am trying to implement protocol described in Mitsubishi FX COMMUNICATION document but it looks like PLC is using some different protocol. I tried to sniff Weintek comm but I don't want to go into reverse engineering it ;)
Is there somewhere a documentation about this protocol?

Any help would be appreciated.

The FX programming port protocol is not documented, I used in the pass some Scada/Hmi that uses this port, probably they used reversed engineering
The document you posted doesn't apply to programming port.

The FX programming port protocol is not documented, I used in the pass some Scada/Hmi that uses this port, probably they used reversed engineering
The document you posted doesn't apply to programming port.

Thanks - so I wound need to buy extension board with RS to use documented protocol or try to reverse engineer one used by programming port?

Yes, you have to buy one of the modules listed on the document you posted and capable to work with Computer Link protocol

As far as I remember the communication modules finished with -BD are connected on the left side of the PLC and the analog modules and additional inputs/outputs go on the right side therefore I think that the analog module and the communications module can be installed at the same time