Installing RSView32

HoldenC

A sister plant to ours is having some issues with their PC running RSView. They have no backups of any kind, and have ask me to help them out.

The PC just run RSView 32, and they have Modicon PLCs. They cannot find any of the paperwork for their copy of RsView, however, they have a serial number for it laminated to the PC case.

I have dealt with Factory Talk, but im not too familiar with RsView. Would the serial number be enough to install it, or would I need more information ?

Also, on Factory Talk i can backup FTV projects and restore them to another machine. Is this possible with RsView ?

Im not too sure on the version of RsView. Im thinking it was 7 though.

You should be able to use the livechat tool on Rockwell's website to get the product ID information if you can supply the serial number and the company it's registered to. Rockwell doesn't require a support contract for this service.