Using RSEmulator and keep getting an error in RSLogix 5000

Forat

Hi guys, I am a total newby in PLCs, and I am currently doing a project in RSLogix 5000, using RSEmulate to Emulate the PLC, details below:

RSLogix 5000 V19.01.00 (CPR 9 SR 3)
I/O Not Responding ---> I/O OK and repeats

Under IO Configuration tree

Emualator:
Emulator RSLogix Emulate 5000 Controller Rev: 19.11
(NO FAULT)

IO module:
1756-MODULE Generic 1756 Module
(FAULT:Status: Running, Shutting Down, Offline, Faulted and repeats again.
In Connection Tab, Module Faule: Module Fault (Code 16#0203) Connection timed out.
Module Info: Module Identity Mismatched.
Backplane: a diaglog comes up saying:
"Incorrect module.
CIP object in module does not exist.
There may be a module identity mismatch or improper configuration."

RSLogix Emulate 5000 Chassis Moniter V19.01.00 (CPR 9 SR 3)

Emulator: EmuLogix5868 Controller (No errors appear on the emulator
IO Module : 1789-SIM

RSLinx Classical Professional Revision 3.51.00 CPR 9 SR 5

I keep getting this error frequently as I open the emulator and the RSLogix program is online and it works fine, then suddenly IO not responding.

Kindly help me on this matter.

Regards,

Forat

Hi guys, I am a total newby in PLCs, and I am currently doing a project in RSLogix 5000, using RSEmulate to Emulate the PLC, details below:

RSLogix 5000 V19.01.00 (CPR 9 SR 3)
I/O Not Responding ---> I/O OK and repeats

Under IO Configuration tree

Emualator:
Emulator RSLogix Emulate 5000 Controller Rev: 19.11
(NO FAULT)

IO module:
1756-MODULE Generic 1756 Module
(FAULT:Status: Running, Shutting Down, Offline, Faulted and repeats again.
In Connection Tab, Module Faule: Module Fault (Code 16#0203) Connection timed out.
Module Info: Module Identity Mismatched.
Backplane: a diaglog comes up saying:
"Incorrect module.
CIP object in module does not exist.
There may be a module identity mismatch or improper configuration."

RSLogix Emulate 5000 Chassis Moniter V19.01.00 (CPR 9 SR 3)

Emulator: EmuLogix5868 Controller (No errors appear on the emulator
IO Module : 1789-SIM

RSLinx Classical Professional Revision 3.51.00 CPR 9 SR 5

I keep getting this error frequently as I open the emulator and the RSLogix program is online and it works fine, then suddenly IO not responding.

Kindly help me on this matter.

Regards,

Forat

All I can say is good luck!! I had to use emulate for a class I took this summer. I would spend 4 hours writing the code then 6 hours fighting emulate. All I can say is that I would shut it down, delete the simulation modules and try it again. That IO not responding was a killer though. It would work for an 1 hour then stop working all of a sudden.

I think it is crappy software.

How fast is the rpi set on your io modules? Try turning it up, from memory the default is about 10? Try 50 or so. I think this solved a similar issue for me.

All I can say is good luck!! I had to use emulate for a class I took this summer. I would spend 4 hours writing the code then 6 hours fighting emulate. All I can say is that I would shut it down, delete the simulation modules and try it again. That IO not responding was a killer though. It would work for an 1 hour then stop working all of a sudden.

I think it is crappy software.

That what I have been doing, it is very frustrating. RSEmulator is really bad, just a Digital IO emulator and it bearly works.

How fast is the rpi set on your io modules? Try turning it up, from memory the default is about 10? Try 50 or so. I think this solved a similar issue for me.

Hi Daniel, The Requested Packet Interval (RPI) is set to 50.0 ms, and still I get the mentioned fault

Why are you trying to keep the I/O module 'alive' in Emulator? Whenever I use Emulator, I inhibit all I/O modules...The tags appear and you can use all your logic, but there's no attempted backplane communication to them and therefore no errors.

Why are you trying to keep the I/O module 'alive' in Emulator? Whenever I use Emulator, I inhibit all I/O modules...The tags appear and you can use all your logic, but there's no attempted backplane communication to them and therefore no errors.

I might do that, but I am keeping it alive, as to try as much as possible to recreate, an "alive plc" environment, where I get the data from the plc through the backplane of the plc, ( IO module -> Emulator -> RSLinx module ->My workstation)

But I could do that, just to check if the logic of my program.

According to RA Compatibility page, the version of RSEMulate you're using is compatible with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32-bit. However, there's no information about Windows 7 Pro SP1 32 bit.

Did you use the RSEMulate manual to set all the parameters in the 1756-MODULE? Did you put it on slot 3 or superior?

I think @robertmee is speaking about to inhibit "real" modules to keep their tags. You can inhibit the 1756-MODULE linked to a 1789-SIM on the emulator (or just remove it from the chassis) if you only want to test the logic.

According to RA Compatibility page, the version of RSEMulate you're using is compatible with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32-bit. However, there's no information about Windows 7 Pro SP1 32 bit.

Yeah I went to RSLogix Emualate 5000 manual page it mentions:
Windows 7 Professional (64 bits) SP1, or Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bits)
SP1, but no Windows 7 Professional (32 bits). So maybe it is the problem.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/lgem5k-gr016_-en-p.pdf

Did you use the RSEMulate manual to set all the parameters in the 1756-MODULE? Did you put it on slot 3 or superior?

http://www.plcdev.com/a_quick_tutorial_on_rslogix_emulator_5000

If you mean follow the steps on that page, then yes.

I think @robertmee is speaking about to inhibit "real" modules to keep their tags. You can inhibit the 1756-MODULE linked to a 1789-SIM on the emulator (or just remove it from the chassis) if you only want to test the logic.

Well I am not working with a real module at the moment, so I am work with RSLogix Emulator, I might Inhibit the module from the Emulator Chasis as to keep the tags, without have to deal with the constant IO error.

Last edited:
http://www.plcdev.com/a_quick_tutorial_on_rslogix_emulator_5000

If you mean follow the steps on that page, then yes.
Here's the RSLogix Emulate 5000 Getting Results Guide:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/lgem5k-gr016_-en-p.pdf

According to page 46, you need to change Input Size to 2 (1756-MODULE settings). If you followed the steps of the webpage you provided, currently you have Input Size = 1.

Try that and let us know.

Here's the RSLogix Emulate 5000 Getting Results Guide:

According to page 46, you need to change Input Size to 2 (1756-MODULE settings). If you followed the steps of the webpage you provided, currently you have Input Size = 1.

Try that and let us know.

No Actually I know that, There is an error in the Quick Launch Manual.
I did already put the input size to 2 (one for data and the other for fault) when I started the project.