IO Link and studio5000

Mikeve12

Hello everyone,

I am trying to program an IO-Link display from IFM (E30391)
I have downloaded the manual from the website, in that manual theres a table with all of the indexes and subindexes, these indexes are used for the parametrization of the device.

How do I access these parameters in studio 5000?

The IFM site says it is plug and play. I copied this from the IFM site.

Plug & play
The E30443 IO-Link master display is simply connected to one port of an ifm IO-Link master with 4 or 8 ports. The display detects sensors which are connected to the same master and automatically indicates the main process value of the first four ports. Each sensor and its process values can also be visualised individually by pushing a button. Furthermore a favourite view with the requested process values can be created. In addition the user can easily and reliably configure the display and the IP address of the master.
app_f_0495_km.jpg

Current Bulletin

In order to use these indices and sub-indices, you need to get the AOI for the device that you are trying to use.
The AOI also comes with UDTs which are mapped to the ports of the master module. This helps make sense out of the chaos.

Source: Have worked with Balluff IO-Link module and Balluff RFID readers.

EDIT: Plug and play only means that you can replace and connect devices without driver installation. You still need the EDS files(For both master and slave), still need the AOI(Both master and slave), map the slave device to the port of the master.

Last edited: