Pump controls

Hello

I am looking for a solution for my customer. They would like simply start and stop their turbine irrigation pump from the center pivot point. The pump and pivot center are roughly 3km apart so we need wireless communication between the two of them. The pivot also needs to stop moving once the pump has shut down and the pump also needs to stop if the pivot stops moving.

I am looking for suggestions on some different communication setups to achieve this and as always the best quality with still a good price point

We do this all over the Oilfields, I would probably use Ubiquiti Radios to create a wireless ethernet bridge and then I would use the Allen Bradley Micro820 plc's - set to communicate over Modbus TCP across the "BRIDGE".

If you want remote control from their "Smartphones" add a Maple System HMI and allow a VNC connection. The Maple has ton's of security for all kinds of applications.

You can run VFD's interfaced with Modbus TCP for almost unlimited pump control.

This is how I would probably approach this type of project.

Here's a sample of what I put on the HMI, the VFD Status shows them the status of their transfer pump that runs on a PID LOOP. It also shows if the 2 pumping units or running or if they have :Faulted.

The 2 pumping units are about 3000' feet apart and about 2500' from main unit using Modbus TCP communication across an Ethernet wireless bridge.

They can log in with their Smartphone from anywhere in the world and monitor this location, they can manually shut down the pumping unit from their phone.

I log production to USB drive and then FTP data back to excel for production reports.

These are just some of the things you can do.

Master.jpg

Here's a sample of what I put on the HMI, the VFD Status shows them the status of their transfer pump that runs on a PID LOOP. It also shows if the 2 pumping units or running or if they have :Faulted.

The 2 pumping units are about 3000' feet apart and about 2500' from main unit using Modbus TCP communication across an Ethernet wireless bridge.

They can log in with their Smartphone from anywhere in the world and monitor this location, they can manually shut down the pumping unit from their phone.

I log production to USB drive and then FTP data back to excel for production reports.

These are just some of the things you can do.

This looks great, I may take a screenshot of your for future use, do you mind?

I've done supervisory control over 900MHz radio at a distance of 1km using a GE MDS radio linking two AB MicroLogix 1100 PLCs with no issues. The important thing is whether or not you have line of sight or not.

This looks great, I may take a screenshot of your for future use, do you mind?

I've done supervisory control over 900MHz radio at a distance of 1km using a GE MDS radio linking two AB MicroLogix 1100 PLCs with no issues. The important thing is whether or not you have line of sight or not.

Use it anyway you want, I hope it helps.

Here's exactly what you need
http://advdownload.advantech.com/pr..._ZlinxRadioModem-std_4918ds20181208034236.pdf

Serial Long range radio modem RS232, RS485, RS422 as well
can be set modem to modem link or as network multi port
I have used these to do what you want to do they work great I have about 20 in operation in one building on cranes

easy to setup in my case I set it up with a RS85 multi drop network directly to the VFD's