Help me please: PanelView PV1000 alarm list configuration

ade

Dear All,

I have a problem with Panel View PV1000 Color, I'm currently using 370 tags in my PV1000, and using 53 tags to trigger alarm messages, all 53 tags also used for single bit multi state indicator for Annunciator in one page of PV1000. PV1000 is linked to 3 SLC 5/04s via DH+

All 53 tags has been configured.

When I make a simulation to trigger alarm by activate switch sensor on one of the SLC's input, the multistate indicator is indicating the correct tag (PLC address), but in the alarm list and alarm banner, they are indicating the wrong message as I've made....

Can any one help me please....

best regards,
ade

It would be difficult to say anything without looking into you program. I guess, somehow the tag assignment is not right.

You may attach the zip your .pva file and a lot here would be of help.

Ade,

I'm having the same situation as Dave, my version is 3.80. Sorry. I guess it is time for me to get the newest version. Not to worry, some body here will be helping you.

Good Luck.

I just had a quick look and I think this will fix your problem:

In 'Alarm Setup' change the 'Trigger Type' from 'Bit' to 'Value'.

In cases where your alarm bits are grouped in words in the PLC, you can define a tag for the word and use the tag as an alarm trigger with trigger type of bit. Then in the alarm messages, use the tag as the trigger for multiple meassages and enter the appropriate bit number of the word in the 'Bit/Value' column for each message. Thus, you don't need a tag for each alarm.

In your case, where the alarm bits are doing double duty in the annunciator screens, you do need a tag for each.

Gerry's great reply to your post will be the correct and least painful fix. For future reference, when configuring "Bit" alarms, do not use bit 0 of the first word assigned for the alarm. PB32 uses this bit as a pointer for bit alarms. For example, if you use B3:0 bits for alarms, your first alarm should be B3:0/1. If you have more than 15 alarms, you can then use bit 0 of the next sequential word or words (i.e. B3:1/0). You can then set the address for each of the trigger tags as B3:0/0 in the database, and the PanelView triggers the correct alarm based on its numerical position in the alarm trigger tab.

Gerry, mgvol, and every one else, thanks for your comments and useful guidance, I rebuilt my tag database at PB this morning and I use the same address for tag triggering alarm, but I got same result. I will do your suggestion not to use first bit (bit 0) of the word. I will let you know my result after I try it... Thanks everyone...

Every one....

Thank you for your help. I finally made the alarm system works on my Panel View 1000. I followed your direction regarding configuring the alarm system on panel view. I use one single tag for all consecutive bits in the same memory area (B12:0).

One more time... thank you very much. It really appreaciated...

Best regards,

ade