CIMPLICITY 7.5 Historical Alarm Viewer/SQL Server

PLBoudette

Hi,
I'm relatively new at working with CIMPLICITY 7.5 and i'm trying to add a historical alarm viewer to my project. i've been reading the help file which talks about an SQL server and ODBC database for data logging needed for the viewer. i added "database logger: a&e & app" to the project and added alarm points to the database logger table titled: ALARM_LOG. i configured the historical alarm viewer to connect to my project and the table to view is "ALARM_LOG". Under the SQL tab, when "Select Fields" is pressed, there are no fields to choose from probably because i don't have an SQL server set up. so i'm hitting a road block. the alarm i receive when i run the project reads:

"The process MAC_DL has lost its database connection to SQL Server"

i'm not real familiar working with these and was looking for some help getting me going in the right direction on setting these up. thanks.

pete

Hello PLBoudette,
difficult to give a hint with this information. Could you send your question with the project to GE Fanuc support?
Cheers,

Joern

Hi are you sure the obdc is set up correctly. You can verify that by using the control panel > obdc settings

Sounds like an ODBC issue. SQL Express should install with Cimplicity. Open your project in Workbench and go to Project Properties > Settings. You may need to configure the login for both Point Logging and Alarm Logging. Cimplicity does not automatically set the logins for these items.