Using REAL data types in MESSAGING Instructions

delrioal_03

I'm currently working on a messaging system and Ive been having issues with trying to message over a REAL Data Type from one PLC to another. Has anyone ever encountered a solution to this?

I read your post from a few days ago: for some reason your system's logic addresses bit-level instructions using bit sub-elements from inside a REAL.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=133685

That is a bad method, and the sort of confusion that it creates is probably why RA removed the ability to use it.

From my reading of the problem, the best way to resolve this issue is to edit the program to use a UDT that mixes arrays of BOOL and DINT and REAL elements, rather than attempting to pack BOOLs into bits of a REAL.

Please post your replies to that original thread to keep the information in one place.

I read your post from a few days ago: for some reason your system's logic addresses bit-level instructions using bit sub-elements from inside a REAL.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=133685

That is a bad method, and the sort of confusion that it creates is probably why RA removed the ability to use it.

From my reading of the problem, the best way to resolve this issue is to edit the program to use a UDT that mixes arrays of BOOL and DINT and REAL elements, rather than attempting to pack BOOLs into bits of a REAL.

Please post your replies to that original thread to keep the information in one place.

I was surprised that you could address them at the bit level. I would have bet money that it never existed. It did strike me as an odd way to do things when there was a perfectly normal way available