HMI platform that can import CAD files

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a request from a customer to import a .dwg of the mechanical drawing of their system into the HMI. The components, like the motors, would need to be multistate to indicate status and we would like if they could have click functions.

What HMI platform is capable of this? Or is it possible?

Our PLC is Codesys 3.5. and I am not interested in Rockwell hardware.

Let me know if you have any experience with this. Thanks!!

Usually you'd export the dwg to a bitmap or something like that to bring into the HMI. dwg is a proprietary format, so I doubt that there are any that support them natively.

I'd try to convert it to a svg file, then you should be able to use any html based system. You load the svg file into the DOM, and then you're able to modify each element with some javascript. I've done this with a MS visio file, and using the webserver of a Siemens S7-1200.