Please help with Factory Talk View restoration

johnm22

Hi All
I've picked up an old Scada backup I need to open up, and it should be FTV, maybe SE. It is not the usual compressed single file, but a load of directories as follows. All advise appreciated Thanks John

cache
comprf
DLGLOG
DTS
EDS
Gfx
Global Objects
Images
KEY
LNG
Local
Mcr
PAR
RCP
RecipePro
Startup
TAG
TREND
VBA

It sounds like you got the internals of the actual project folder itself, as opposed to an .APA file. Not sure the best way to go about getting it into a form where you can correctly restore it to open in FTV Studio, or if there even is one. I recall reading something on here about using 7Zip to open files and maybe drag/drop them into Studio, but I can't remember the details. I'll have a look and see if I can find the thread and link it here if I do.

I would start by creating a new project, then copy from your backup over top of the newly created project.

if you have the project folder, you can restore it using either the .MED (ME) or the .SED (SE) files in there and the Import utility.

when you start a new project either ME or SE you have the option to Import. the import takes the .sed or the .med files for import. application manager uses the .mer or .apa etc, depending on what you have available.

edit: and looking at your files, you have an SE project I think.

Last edited: