ftview active x driving me nuts

simmo231

Hi All,
trying to restore a runtime application that i have been reliably informed was created in version 10 ftview, i get the below error:-

unable to load activeX control for display s005_Recip_system. cause: ME program Launcher: newer file version of activeX control required.

seems straight forward so i tried the following,

ftview V10, same message
ftview v10 with latest patches , same message
ftview v11 same message.
ftview v11 with latest patches , same message

any help please ....
thanks

I've had a conversation with Rockwell about this, I couldn't get through to them.

You need to restore the application in the version that it was edited in (or newer), not the version that the MER was compiled for. If you still want to edit in an older version, you need to delete the Activex control in the newer version, re-compile for your version (10 or 11, it appears). Then you need to add the controls back into your copy. Rinse/repeat if it ever is edited in a newer version down the road.

Edit: In your post, you say that it was created in v10, while the MER may have been compiled for v10, that MER was generated > v10. Likely 12 or 13, since you could not restore it in 11 either.

Last edited: