FactoryTalk View ME can not open archive

hriss

I don't have to much experience with FactoryTalk. I am trying to open a .apa file and I am getting a Can not open the archive, please make sure the archive si valid and can be open. The thing is my co worker can click on the file and open it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't have to much experience with FactoryTalk. I am trying to open a .apa file and I am getting a Can not open the archive, please make sure the archive si valid and can be open. The thing is my co worker can click on the file and open it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

clicking on an APA to open an archive should only work if you have the application manager installed. do you have that?

also if I open application manager and try to restore application and then select the file I get it is not a valid archive file also

also if I open application manager and try to restore application and then select the file I get it is not a valid archive file also

probably corrupted then. or it was made in v13?

the only things that would make the APA invalid would either be corruption (i've seen apa get corrupted while being saved and transferred through multiple VMs under different conditions.), or, the APA is a later version than your factorytalk thats installed.

Even if the APA is an older or newer version, you can usually restore it. It would generate an error only when you try to open something that is newer than the version of FT View installed on your machine. And since it is working on a coworker's PC we can possibly rule out a corruption.

I'm wondering if the issue is that maybe it is a FT View SE application and your computer only has ME, but your coworker has SE and ME. I just tried an SE file on a computer with only ME and that is the message I received.

Newer version of SE use a different file format, but older versions of SE and ME both used the APA format.

OG

FTview ME can't handle stuff older than 5.0/5.10; it can upgrade 5.0/5.10 it but can't create those runtimes. That apa file maybe an older version? And your associate is running an older version, like v11?

Patch revisions matter also. Download the latest Patch rollup from the RA PCDC page and apply it. If the creator of the .APA is patched to a higher rev you can get these errors.

https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/Home.aspx
Type Patch Roll-up - Jul 2022 in the search box.
Or click on the Software Patches link in the Quick link box at the bottom of the page.
https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductDownload.aspx?keyword=Patch
Note this package will patch all installed RA software on your PC.