Thank you Rockwell!!!!

phuz

o_O

Dear Rockwell, as we are in the final month of the year, a time that most integrators are swamped with control upgrade projects, especially on weekends, you decide to close your website. So now that I need to perform a firmware upgrade today, I find I am unable to download ANYTHING from your website until Monday morning at 9am (EST).

Bravo to your planning commission on this one.

o_O

So let me get this straight. You were PLANNING a firmware upgrade and you didn't have everything you needed on hand ahead of time to perform that upgrade. And you are complaining about Rockwell's lack of planning...about an event they could not possibly know about?? That made me chuckle.

Luck of advance planning on your side is the only thing that I can see.

I see at least 6 emails from the RA website warning about this upgrade that originally was scheduled for Nov 20th weekend, then moved.

But to help you: if you add details on what FW you need, somebody may have files on the local computers.

So let me get this straight. You were PLANNING a firmware upgrade and you didn't have everything you needed on hand ahead of time to perform that upgrade. And you are complaining about Rockwell's lack of planning...about an event they could not possibly know about?? That made me chuckle.

Haha, not quite there, Chuck.

Having known about this outage, I had downloaded the files I planned to need. This was an unplanned upgrade that will now not happen. Just venting...

1769-L18ER-BB1B F/W 27
Not optimistic but thanks for the thought!

This was the last email in the chain of emails that was sent on December 1 to all registered website users:
Dear ######

At Rockwell Automation, we continually strive to provide our customers with industry leading solutions to support industrial automation. From time to time, this requires us to update our systems and supporting services.
In December, we anticipate to update several of our web site tools in order to improve your experience. During this anticipated maintenance period, several sites, and services, will be temporarily unavailable.

Anticipated System Outage Dates:
December 11, 2015 @ 8PM CST through Monday December 14, 2015 @ 8AM CST

Impacted Rockwell Automation System

New Software Orders
FactoryTalk Activation Manager
Activation website
Software Registration
Product Compatibility and Download Center
Software, Firmware, Add-on-Profiles (AOPS), and other Downloads

Originally posted by phuz:

1769-L18ER-BB1B F/W 27
Not optimistic but thanks for the thought!

That puts you pretty close to the bleeding edge. I agree with you...I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the posts offering firmware to come rolling in.

So if Rockwell must shut down for system maintenance, should it be at 3:00 PM CST on Wednesday then?

Seems to me that if I had to pick a time, a Sunday afternoon in December when it is traditionally very slow for many people (except you apparently) would be high on my list of options.

So if Rockwell must shut down for system maintenance, should it be at 3:00 PM CST on Wednesday then?

Seems to me that if I had to pick a time, a Sunday afternoon in December when it is traditionally very slow for many people (except you apparently) would be high on my list of options.

A Sunday afternoon in March would be appropriate, sure. :)

But that's not the case. This is an entire weekend.
December 11, 2015 @ 8PM CST through Monday December 14, 2015 @ 8AM CST

Every integrator I know is swamped right now and also found it unbelievable that Rockwell would shut this down at this time of year. Maybe only those of us in Southeast PA are busy right now. :)

As an Integrator our wonderful AB supplier warned us numerous times about the shutdown. I wouldn't blame AB as a whole but your local supplier salesmen should have had you guys up to date on the shutdown.