Panelbuilder32 .pva file needs converting to .pba

Hal9000

I'm currently have PanelBuilder32 version 03.82.00 (build 413). I'm trying to open a .PVA file developed on a more recent version.

I get the following messages:

1st (initial) message:

"File name grbillingstw_bioPplantnode2_2_2_07.PVAis an old file. It will take twice as long for loading under the new version of PanelBuilder32. Perform a save as type PanelBuilder32 .PBA to inprove performance".

Now I only get this 2nd message when I attempt to open the file:

"Error reading application file. File cannot be loaded".

I have attached the file incase anybody could kindly open it for me and perhaps convert it to .PBA

Kindest regards,

Justin

the current rev is 3.83.?? and that's what i am using, so i cannot help.

there was a problem with that version, but i can't remember the details.

DID you do a validate all command before you saved under the new format?

regards,
james

Two pba files, one version 3.83 and one version 2.6

It appeared to have been created with a version older than 3.83 (probably much older) and the save as to version 2.6 does not appear to have broken anything either (validation passes).

Paul

Hi James, I was given this file by my client, the backup hasn't been modified in years. I've had the same issue before and if it's converted to .PBA it will then open ok on my version of panelbuilder32.

No problem.

Glad to know that 3.82 will open a file saved by 3.83. It was something I wanted to test anyhow.

That is an issue that may affect us as we slowly migrate to windows 7 on about 5 PCs and I think 3.83 is the only version to install correctly (natively) in windows 7 x64.

Convert PVA to 2.6

We bought a machine from Canada that has a panelview550. I bought a copy of panelbuilder32 ver 3.8. I can upload/download the pva file, but cannot open it in panelbuilder32. It may have been created with version 3.8.3. Could someone open this file and save it as 2.6? I'm new to A&B. Most of my experience is with Mitsubishi and AutomationDirect. Would appreciate any help with this. [Get the error message: 'cannot open file or file is corrupt' It seems, from reading some posts, that it may be possible to open a file saved as version 2.6.

Does anyone know where I could get (download) the latest version of PanelBuilder32 so I don't have to keep asking for files to be converted?

You'll need the name of the person to whom it is registered and a valid license in order to qualify for an upgrade. I am not 100% sure if a tech connect contract is required:

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/resources/

From that first page, about half way down is a link called Software Updates. You will be asked for your registration email and password. For some reason, my access is not working from home . . . I will have to see what might have changed when I am at work tomorrow.

So, I can't give exact instructions for the next screen, but, unless it has been changed, there will be a page full of categories and you should be able to find Panelbuilder32 on that list.

After that is when I think you'll be prompted for the serial number and name of the person to whom it is registered.