Ti 545-1102 Cpu

ROBO

Got a press from our sister company. When powered back up PLC was not in run mode. Tried to go online to change and got communications timeout. CPU is a TI 545-1102. Replaced with one in stock. Same thing. Replaced with a second in stock. Also the same thing. Pulled out a 545-1101 from an existing system and installed. Was able to get online. Dip switches were all set to ON on the 545-1102 as was the 545-101. Using DOS based TISOFT 2 Release 5.0. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You did not say if you were running TISOFT on a Windows PC or not. I suspect the baud rate is different with the switches all set the same on one CPU versus another. If this is true, running TISOFT on a Windows PC may be causing you to experience problems at the higher baud rate. Try using a DOS PC or setting the DIP switches to a lower baud rate.

Every once in a while I have experienced this with TI 50 & 505 series PLC's under TiSoft. I have had fewer communications problems since changing to SoftShop 505. Now I wish I could say the same for TI's 500 series Basic Modules...

Yep, I agree with TR Gunderman. Working with TISOFT on Windows rather than in true DOS mode can be a problem. I always use true DOS mode now and have not had a time-out problem since.

Steve

Thanks for the replies guys. It ended up being that the cable I was using was only using the Rxd and the Txd signals. Evidently the 1102 CPU uses the other handshaking signals to communicate with the PC.