poll: what is your favorite plc to program

My biggest complaint with AB products is the software licensing. It's hugely expensive and painful just to get the RSLogix 5000 on two computers, and there are so many editions of the software, some with limited features, etc. that it becomes a nightmare just to connect to a PLC. I think it would even be OK to charge a bit more for the hardware so they could give the software away free, or at a very reduced rate... I doubt that would hurt their bottom line at all, and it would make lots of people's lives so much easier. Make people happy: they buy more of your products!
I would like to gain experience with the Siemens platform and some others too.

This is the weakest point with AB IMO and why I call them fancy smart relays because the true potential of the PLC's is locked behind the software license to actually use the PLC fully.
Yes, Joe and Bubba want to put food on the table working the graveyard shift, but there's plenty of logic nowadays that they don't (or shouldn't) have to see to understand which sensor broke and is that hidden logic where the text based coding would come in handy.

I would say Do-more Designer is so far the most techy software for ladder logics. It does not support ST and the help file is bad, but I am still impressed by its ability and its flexibility.

1) The tech support is easy, fast and right on the point. Not like Siemens, Rockwell, which took days to get an answer and usually they answered something else.

2) Do-more PLC can export everything to a text file, including the system configuration. With text file I can copy paste or do anything that a text editor can do.

3) Do-more PLC can create user defined data structure and call a subroutine with that data structure, that means it have the ability to make a kind of Object oriented programming.

These 3 points plus bit operations are what I would expect from a PLC software. It is also compact and fast, so I would like to recommend to everyone to try it before you favor something else. :)

I would say Do-more Designer is so far the most techy software for ladder logics. It does not support ST and the help file is bad, but I am still impressed by its ability and its flexibility.

1) The tech support is easy, fast and right on the point. Not like Siemens, Rockwell, which took days to get an answer and usually they answered something else.

2) Do-more PLC can export everything to a text file, including the system configuration. With text file I can copy paste or do anything that a text editor can do.

3) Do-more PLC can create user defined data structure and call a subroutine with that data structure, that means it have the ability to make a kind of Object oriented programming.

These 3 points plus bit operations are what I would expect from a PLC software. It is also compact and fast, so I would like to recommend to everyone to try it before you favor something else. :)

Studio 5000 can do items 2 and 3 on your list as well.

+1
Automation Direct's support for their product line is one of the best the I have seen in some years. Support I received was from a live person, first call to tech support.

I get a ton of ads for Velocio PLCs and HMI software. The price and size are extremely tempting. And you can't beat the free software for both. BIG QUESTION.... are they ANY GOOD??? Anybody try one?o_O