Instruction For Voltage output variation

Sandeep Patel

I want to control ac drive by PLC compact logix. And Use RS Logix 5000 software. Which instruction use to generate different voltage through analog module? I want to very 0-10V very at analog module output.

A bit more information?

I want to control ac drive by PLC compact logix. And Use RS Logix 5000 software. Which instruction use to generate different voltage through analog module? I want to very 0-10V very at analog module output.

What model of PLC would you like to use? ControlLogix, CompactLogix both use RSLogix 5000 software, or RS Studio for the latest version of firmware.

What output card are you using? The model number is on a label on the card, or on the flex module, or the ethernet IO module ... depending on what you bought.

As an example, you can use 0 - 10V as a scale, or 0 - 100%, or 0 - 60 Hz, or 0 - 3600 rpm. It depends on what your users want to use for units.

The analog output cards on the ControlLogix handle scaling for you, so you only need to move (instruction MOV) the value you want to send to the address of the output card. For example, if you are measuring the output voltage with a voltmeter for testing, I would scale the output from 0.00V to 10.00V using floating point (or REAL) data type.

The CompactLogix has a bit more variety. Some analog output cards do the scaling on the card, so you can use 0 - 10V as a scale. Some use 0 - 4095 raw counts and you need to do some math to figure out which number to send to the card.

Are you typing in the speed from a PC screen? or is the speed intended to be controlled by the PLC to maintain a level, pressure, or flow?

It helps us to help you when you give us as many details as you can. There are *ALWAYS* many ways to accomplish what you want to do!

Speed Control

I am Use Compact Logix L32E PLC and voltage output analog module and Panel view HMI. Value, which is in the form of speed enter through HMI and Move to PLC. I want to control ac drive by PLC compact logix. And Use RS Logix 5000 software. Which instruction use to generate different voltage through analog module? I want to very 0-10V at analog module output.

I am Use Compact Logix L32E PLC and voltage output analog module and Panel view HMI. Value, which is in the form of speed enter through HMI and Move to PLC. I want to control ac drive by PLC compact logix. And Use RS Logix 5000 software. Which instruction use to generate different voltage through analog module? I want to very 0-10V at analog module output.

The voltage output module has a part number as well. Likely 1769-OF2 or 1769-OF8.

What number do you want to use to show the motor speed on the Panelview?
Typical ranges are 0 - 100%, 0 - 60 Hz, 0 - 3600 rpm