Red Lion Crimson 3.0 - Call a program?

jordan45

Hi I have a small script I wrote in "Programs" that I want to call when a buttom is pressed on the HMI.

How do I call this program from a button on a display page?
I tried going to the "Action" tab for the button, selecting "Push Button" as the Action Mode. But then it doesn't let me drop the program into the field like a tag.

Thanks

In the Action tab, change the Operation to "User Defined". Put the name of your program in the "On Pressed" action. Note that you have to put parentheses after the program name even if it has no arguments, i.e. Program1().

Just learning here myself. Select 'User Defined' as the Operation then you can drag in the Program to the On Pressed section, or On Released. You do need to compile a program before you can use it, if you click in the box where you have your code, a small but important button appears in the main toolbar that lets you 'Translate' the program.

Not quite quick enough typing the answer!!!

Just learning here myself. Select 'User Defined' as the Operation then you can drag in the Program to the On Pressed section, or On Released. You do need to compile a program before you can use it, if you click in the box where you have your code, a small but important button appears in the main toolbar that lets you 'Translate' the program.

Not quite quick enough typing the answer!!!

Ah right I was getting an error message! Do you by chance know what the command is to make a popup appear? In Wonderware it's "show <popup name>", tried that but it's not recognized.

Ah right I was getting an error message! Do you by chance know what the command is to make a popup appear? In Wonderware it's "show <popup name>", tried that but it's not recognized.

ShowPopup(), ShowModal() or ShowNested() depending on whether you want it to be nested, return a value, or just a plain pop-up.