Producer / Consumer Issue

Dalesey

Hi all. Currently got an issue regarding establishing a connection on site between an L55 controller (Consumer) and an L61 controller (Producer). The connection between Ethernet cards is healthy but the controller shows a warning sign.

We currently have producer/consumer tags set up on site between this L55 controller and other L6xx controllers throughout the site that work but this is when the L55 controller is the producer, not consumer. Currently the L6xx series controllers are at version 19.11 and the L55 is at 16.22. Obviously i cannot select the L6xx revision in the L55 PLC so the highest i can select is 16.22.

I've read countless times that "firmware of controllers does not matter" but i have now performed this test in the office with an L63 controller instead of L61 (Don't have an L61 in the office) and when the L63 controller consumes the L55 tag it is fine but doing it the other way round gives me an error code 16#0100 Connection request error. Module in use

L55 Controller version = 16.2
L55 Ethernet version = 4.3

L61 Controller version = 19.11
L61 Ethernet Version = 6.2

Has anyone had an L5xx series PLC consuming a tag created by an L6xx series PLC? a bit stumped!

Last edited:
That error can be caused if a controller has reached the maximum number of connections available, or the producer tag is not set-up for the correct number of consumers.

I have certainly seen no issues with tag Produce/Consume between controllers of different firmware revisions.

I have an L62 and a 5550 L1/A and have had no problems producing/consuming either way.