Intermec pm43/omron cj2m31

ateall217

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to send bar-code data to the printer using fingerprint code but cant seem to get the printer to print. I'm using the rs232 com port and the com port setting match. My PLC is set at 115200 8,1,N mode rs232c. the printer has its default settings.Im using TXD fuctions to sent the data. Any Ideas Why the printer wont print?

I know its not standard from what i seen in the manuals it should be as followed.
at the PLC I have pin 2 black pin 3 red pin 4 & 5 jumped and pin 9 white.
at the printer i have pin 2 black pin 3 red and pin 5 white

It has been YEARS since I saw an Intermec printer but as I recall they required hardware handshake. Try adding jumpers from 4 to 6 and from 7 to 8 on the printer end of the cable.

You will need some way to verify that the correct data is being sent and received. I have on OLD Digilog data line monitor that I use for testing RS232. There is also some PC based software the works with serial ports from http://commfront.com/

intermec

I'm attaching some setting. Does everything look correct?
file:///C:/Users/PLC2/Downloads/intermec%20printer_plc%20info.pdf

The only thing that I see which appears strange is the end code being set to NULL, but I frankly don't remember how the Intermec protocol works.
Do you see the data LED on the serial port illuminate when W40.08 cycles from off to on?
If the PLC is transmitting data and the printer is ignoring it there is probably a problem with the message. Try changing the display type for your DM registers to ascii ("a") and see if your message looks correct.

Ya the plc is transmitting But, looking at the code wont really help me? The printer program was given to us by the customer and I wrote the rest of the program around it. I guess i could pull the fingerprint code manual and learn to write the code but I was hoping someone would have some experience with it and could point me in the right direction.