Reset 1769-L36ERMS Password

Mray

Hi,

I have bought a 1769-L36ERMS from ebay 4 months ago. I bought it just for practice safety features of AB which are not available in my regular AB PLC. Tho I hooked it up the first day just to ensure it runs, I did not have a chance to program it until today. I started running it and noticed there is a safety lock/password on it. I contacted the seller but he did not know. I already searched other older posts here and understood it is against the plctalk policy to help people find passwords.

I just want to know how to reset the memory and no matter if the existing program's gone. I already open the processor module cover and checked inside. There is no removable battery there but one fixed and soldered to the main board. I detached all 3 boards as one for main processor, one for safety and one with blue big capacitors on it from the main board's slots and attached them again. But it is still asking to unlock the PLC for downloading my own program.
So. guys I need your help to find out how I can clean the memory. I can't contact Rockwell as I do not have any account, also they don't probably help me.

Last edited:
What are those links? I checked them but I think it does not have anything regarding my problem.

I assume this means you tried what they said to do (change ownership, change from safety to standard controller; reload firmware). If they did not work, then that is why I put the question mark.

Did you try holding in the Reset button while powering on the PLC?

I assume this means you tried what they said to do (change ownership, change from safety to standard controller; reload firmware). If they did not work, then that is why I put the question mark.

Did you try holding in the Reset button while powering on the PLC?

I did not update firmware as I know it does not help with clearing the memory. Also the manual says I can't change from safety PLC to standard one if there is a safety signature or lock.so, it does not unfortunately help.

I tried to reset the PLC by pressing and holding the reset button while powering up, but it did not work.

According to the knowledge base, you turn power off, hold the reset button inside the tiny hole below the RUN-REM-PROG switch, apply power, and continue to hold the reset button until the powerup sequence is complete.

Did you remove the compactflash card before you tried this? It could be reloading the old program from the flash card.

According to the knowledge base, you turn power off, hold the reset button inside the tiny hole below the RUN-REM-PROG switch, apply power, and continue to hold the reset button until the powerup sequence is complete.

Did you remove the compactflash card before you tried this? It could be reloading the old program from the flash card.

I appreciate you @Helliana, I could fix the issue but the help of reset button.