vmemory

bgben

I have to work with Koyo type PLCs [Automation Direct] and I'm having
a problem understanding how to use Vmemory. The programs I have worked with in the past wewr very basic. Can someone point me in the right direction. Some training manuals or any thing.

First off, all of the ADC manuals are available on the web at automationdirect.com and they include examples.

Second, V-memory is just the Koyo name for a data register. This would correspond to the A-B N files or a GE %R register. You designate the V-memory location (starting at V2000, and the upper limit varies with processor) in the operation you are performing.

If you tell us what you are trying to accomplish, perhaps we can give you a specific example.

The manuals for those are at http://www.automationdirect.com
On the main page there is a menu on top, click on Documentation or you can goto the Technical Support section and view online then save.

NOW do you have DirectSoft32? If you do start it then select a dl05/105/205. You dont need to program anything at this time...on the top of DirectSoft32 on the toolbar you should see File Edit View Tools PLC Debug Window Help...click on PLC then Click on Memory Map. THis will show you how memory is allocated. Memory is created in words (that use 16 bits). Note in timer section states (WORD) that means the timer needs 16 bits to store its values. Vmemory is there term for the address/location used associated with a device like a timer, counter etc.

With items like Inputs/Outputs they only need 1 bit for an address, therefore they use denominations like X0, X1 etc to specify a bit within a certain range of Vmemory locations.