Telemecanique with Siemens HMI-OP17

ccsPLCGuy

Hi Guys,

Anyone ever try to connect PLC Telemecanique TSX7 with CPU PMX 87-455 and HMI Siemens OP17?

or some work that similar to connect between 'old' PLC Telemecanique TSX7 and Siemens HMI (any tipe similar OP17 and TD17)?

In Siemens Software "Protool/Pro" manual is mentioned that Siemens Panel HMI (e.g. OP17) supports Uni-Telway bus.

If we choose the Uni Telway bus at software "Protool", there will be choices of many different kind of Telemecanique Uni Telway driver that can be uploaded to Siemens HMI-OP17 (so that OP17 has a native driver of this CPU):

- TSX SCG 1161
- TSX7 with P47 411
- TSX7 with P.. 420
- TSX7 with P.. 425
- TSX7 SCM 21.6 K. 1
- TSX37 / 57

However, I did not find
Telemecanique TSX7 with CPU PMX 87-455.

Please help me if you have some experience on it.

Thanks.

Kwik

I have no experience with Telemecanique or Uni-Telway.
But I think that there is a good chance that it will work with one of the other CPU selections.

I believe that the CPU selection defines what number of variables are avilable in the PLC. If you can chose one that is as close as possible to the one you are using, then it should work as long as you are only using addresses that would exist in the selected CPU.

An experiment will reveal if it is possible or not.