MP 277 communication with RSLinx OPC Server

arun_mallah

Hi,
I am trying to communicate Siemens MP277 HMI with RSLinx Gateway OPC server. The RSLinx Gateway OPC server is running on a computer. The computer and the MP277 HMI are on the same Ethernet network. I am able to ping the MP277 HMI from the RSLinx computer. I have configured the MP277 HMI connection as OPC with the RSLinx OPC server. The HMI in runtime gives error "Couldn't connect to RSLinx...". Has anybody tried this earlier. Your early response will be much apreciated.
-Arun
🔨

DCOM issue?

Could be a DCOM issue. Even if you can ping the other PC, you generally need to be on the same domain or workgroup AND usually need to do a bit of DCOM configuration to get OPC communicating remotely. Firewalls can also keep things from working.

Here is a document on how to configure DCOM for remote OPC communications. It's a good reference on how to get data moving.

If you need to keep them on separate domains, traverse firewalls, or can't re-configure DCOM settings, you may want to try OPC Tunneller