FactoryTalk View SE VBA user form

rifem

My issue:
We run FactoryTalk View SE (6.1 currently) at our plant. (First issue, right..lol)

Our data historian is Wonderware Historian 10.1.

We have an ongoing issue with latency when we first access our Wonderware Historian Trend Client activex. There is VBA behind a button click on a display. Using a userform with the activex installed. Our VBA code populates all the pertinent properties.

After the first delayed access, all subsequent attempts run fine.

There are no issues with the connection to the Insql Historian server at all. We can run Historian Trend on the client and it will run fast with no issues. Historian pings fine, 25ms round trip. The VBA code used does not seem to affect the performance, I have deleted all the code and notice just having the form with the activex causes a delay.

I am 99 percent sure it is an issue with how FTV SE handles the activex.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any chance you could put a simple do nothing call to the ocx in your startup folder? This would load the ocx and get it ready for you.