RSView32 & VBA

aiki202

How do you close the current RSView application with VBA code? I have tried using a button on a screen that calls a VBA subroutine. Within the subroutine I have:
gCommand.Execute ("Quit")
This doesn't work.
Also, does anyone know how to shutdown a PC running Windows XP SP2 with VBA code in RSView32? I found 1 example on the internet but it also does not work.

Thanks!

tomalbright said:
I have a button that exits RSView, it has the code:

DisplayServerOff;Pause 4;Quit

Works every time.
If I place the "Quit" command behind a button in RSView32 it also works properly, but it will not work from the VBA code?

danpantea said:
There is a a call of another program in both RSView and VB. I used it before from PCIM (VB based SCADA) and than for some customers I used it from RSView. You might get static from Windows if you are not in REAL ADMINISTRATOR login.

I was looking for actual VBA code to perform this task. Something like a Windows API call?

I figured out both issues. The "Quit" command was not working from the VBA code due to the fact that it was in a module. I needed to call the sub in the code module from the project module. Shutting down Windows XP (XP only) is done with a 'Shell' statement. The shell statement forces a shutdown. I am sure there is a way to stop each process correctly, just like a normal shutdown does, but I have not figured this out yet.