Wago error

Joel Mancilla

Hi all,

I would like to seek help regarding our probplem to our machines uses WAGO I/O system. The problem is frequent error of the DeviceNet (750-306/000-006) both in running and idle mode of the machine. We have been experienced this problem from the start (the mahine is 9 years old now) but as the machine is getting older the error is more often :mad:(10 times a day).On the DeviceNet the OVERFL LED is flashing and the I/O led is fleckring in order to reset we need to cut the 24v supply of the devicenet.We have 4 sets of this machine each has 3 DeviceNet it happening either of the 3DN. We suspected the DN then we installed a new sets but same result.
The I/O we're using are 750-402 / 750469 / 750-513.

Any help would very much appreciated and thank you very much in advance.🤞🏻

Joel

The Wago network coupler generates fault codes by flashing the I/O LED, though to be honest I've never found them very helpful. If the OVERFL light is flashing, the unit may be showing a fault code.
Following the burst of fast flashing are two bursts of about 1 sec flashes, which are the fault code and fault argument. The second of these could be zero. The codes are in the manual.

check if the ending resistors are still working and connected. Check the wiring as nowadays with all these vfd the powernet and the surrounding is very dirty.
check the grounding and shielding.
overflow occurs when too many bits are flying around.
put a oscilloscope on the line and ground and if you see a lot of spikes check the running of cables, maybe need to renew cables and do not put them close to powercabling.
another one is to use shielded cables on the power lines but that is expensive.
switch of these vfd and check if comms are good.

Thanks..

Hi all, many thanks to everyones reply.

We have checked everything with the help of our machine builder. Now we're changing all WAGO interfaces to AB Contrologix.

We hate WAGO very much!!!!

For cost effective solution , Use High End CPU of Siemens / AB and use I/O of Beckhoff / Phoenix cause they are cost effective available in ProfiBus and DeviceNet