Off topic But call me crazy or stupid

I have had more than one boss suggest that if I didn't care for how things were being done, then I should move briskly to the exit, and avoid being struck in the hind quarters by the door as it closed. Each of them looked a bit surprised when I followed their advice right then and there.
So far, in my 30 years in the field, I have never regretted walking away from a bad situation, and I don't think you will either Greg. My only bit of advise for you is to know how you are going to answer the question, "Why did you leave your last job?", before you are asked in an interview. This is one of those times that the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, may not be your best course of action. In this situation a well crafted answer is likely going to serve you better than a brutally honest one.

Good luck,
Bubba.

P.S.
We are hiring for just about any skill type job you can imagine, and have a pretty low threshold on what constitutes "competent", so if a move to Wisconsin sounds like fun, I can hook you up.:whistle:

Greg
Good luck, man. Another thought would be if your resume is not updated right now, you could find a resume service or someone who has experience with writing documents. Sometimes the staffing agencies can help you with this, or some of the recruiting sites have a resume building option. This could help reduce some of the errors you would need to fix. Hope this helps and again, I wish you the best!!

One of the concerns that Greg voiced was his ability to replace his position with one of equal or greater value. I think that the advice offered about grammar and spelling was brought about because of that concern. It IS much more likely that he will find himself a new position if he appears professional.

This isn't a reflection of how intelligent he is. He can obviously do the job. I doubt he needs to have his feelings defended by an avatar on a public forum any more than he'll be distraught over some advice given somewhat bluntly by an avatar on a public forum.

For a bunch of peers talking informally on a place like this site, the only thing that is important is the ability of those you are communicating with to understand what you are attempting to communicate. We can ask pointed questions and get follow up context to help with that. It's not the same case when you're talking about communicating professionally with a company logo attached to the communique. You're representing someone else and you have a much better chance of being brought on when that company feels that you will represent them well, with a professional air.

Greg, we all wish you the best in your job hunt. I will add my voice to the many stating that I have observed such a demand for controls people, that I'm sure you will find yourself a new place very quickly! Good luck!

Why did you leave your last job?", before you are asked in an interview. This is one of those times that the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, may not be your best course of action. In this situation a well crafted answer is likely going to serve you better than a brutally honest one.

I left my first job for the same set of reasons, though it doesn't sound quite as bad. For some reason people thought that I wouldn't go. To put it succinctly:

"My goals and the goals of the company were no longer aligned, so staying in that role was no longer beneficial to either one of us."

I left my first job for the same set of reasons, though it doesn't sound quite as bad. For some reason people thought that I wouldn't go. To put it succinctly:

"My goals and the goals of the company were no longer aligned, so staying in that role was no longer beneficial to either one of us."
+ 1 for Sparkie. Hey, may I use that? Well said!! I also usually tell a prospective employer that there wasn't enough opportunity or money for training and I needed to move on to increase my professional knowledge. Most places I've been don't provide much training, so that was pretty much the truth.